Every once in a while, the folks from miHoYo bless us with redeemable codes for Genshin Impact.
These codes carry with them various gifts, including cooking recipes and materials, weapon enhancement ore, experience books, furnishings for the housing system, etc. But most importantly, they can include Primogems.
Table of ContentsShow
When Do We Get New Codes?
The release of Genshin Impact codes coincide with various in-game or real-life events.
For example, when Genshin Impact launched on the Epic Games Store, the promo code GenshinEpic was available for a while. Don’t feel bad if you’ve missed this, as that particular code was laughably bad (10000 Mora, 3x squirrel fish, 3x northern apple stew, 10x adventurer exp, 5x fine ore).
That said, it is not uncommon for these codes to feature Primogems, the most important and most useful currency in the game.
And while no one can predict when some random codes may drop, so far we have always got 3 redemption codes for 100 Primogems each plus some neat other goodies with every developer stream. There’s no reason to think this trend won’t continue. These codes will get you that much closer to getting that guaranteed featured 5* character through the pity system.
Since the game’s release, Genshin Impact has received a new patch every 6 weeks. The patches all went live on Wednesdays. On each Friday twelve days before the patch we got developer streams for that patch.
After the atrocious 1.1 dev stream, all subsequent streams have been hosted by voice actors reprising their in-game roles as chibi versions of their characters. This can be entertaining in its own right and worth checking out. The 2.0 stream was the exception, but one that’s unlikely to be repeated until the new region Sumeru gets announced.
However, if you’re just interested in the primocodes and don’t watch the streams you may run into some annoyances – codes that cannot be redeemed.
See, different codes can be redeemed in different regions and different regions get different developer streams at different times of the day! The Chinese streams always go first, so it may well be that you’re trying and failing to redeem codes that weren’t meant for your region.
So if you happen to see codes that you cannot redeem, don’t panic. You just need to make sure you enter the appropriate codes.
The easiest way to do that is to bookmark this page. We’ll make sure to keep it up to date with all the promo codes for western audiences.
How To Redeem Genshin Impact Codes
There are two ways to redeem Genshin Impact codes.
- The in-game method: To do this you need to boot up your game (regardless of which platform you use) and go into the Settings. Then you need to click on Account and then on Redeem Now. This will open a window where you can type out the code or copy-paste it from this page. Once you do that click on Exchange and you’re done.
- The browser method: If for some reason you can’t access your game, you can also redeem codes through the official Genshin Impact website. This is a real blessing given that some codes expire. Once you log into the site and pick your server, your character nickname should automatically appear. Then you type out or copy-paste the code, click the Redeem button, and you’re good to go.
Regardless of how you redeem these codes, you will always receive their contents through the in-game mail system.
If you haven’t redeemed any codes yet, you can try it out with the code GenshinGift, which doesn’t expire. This code will net you 50 Primogems and 3 Hero’s Wits.
- GENSHINGIFT – 50 Primogems and 3 Hero’s Wits.
Three new codes will be available on 20th August 2021. They will have an expiration date, so make sure to mark this date in your calendar and check back with us then!
These are all the codes that have been featured since the f2.0 developer stream but are no longer active:
- AS6BQKLY9GLD – 100 Primogems and 10 Mystic Enhancement Ore
- GBNA9J5H9Y4H – 100 Primogems and 5 Hero’s Wit
- LS6T4L9ZZ7TH – 100 Primogems and 50000 Mora